The Home Repair Program through the Windham & Windsor Housing Trust helps homeowners address critical health and safety issues as well increase the energy efficiency of their homes. Through low cost loans, flexible terms and support with identifying a contractor and project oversight, the Home Repair Program may be just the help you need. The program covers the following:
- Rehabilitation to resolve health and safety issues such as roof, plumbing, electric, and heating repairs.
- Well and septic repair or replacement.
- Rehabilitation needed to meet Housing Quality Standards or correct municipal or state code violations.
- Access modification for elderly or disabled homeowners through collaboration with the Vermont Center for Independent Living.
- Energy efficiency improvements.
The Home Repair Program staff will help you:
- Fill out your application
- Determine the scope of work
- Obtain bids from contractors
- Monitor the construction process
To get started, download the Home Repair Program Borrower Eligiblity Form.
This program is generously funded by a VCDP grant awarded by the Vermont Department of Housing and Community Affairs. We are also grateful for funding from the Towns of Brattleboro, Rockingham, Weathersfield, Putney, Newfane, Dummerston, and Ludlow, as well as a generous grant from Neighborworks America.
Windham & Windsor Housing Trust NMLS# 187229, Tara Brown NMLS# 207907
Icons for our flyer were provided by Chameleon Design and Eucalyp.